d. April 13, 1919 Konigshutte Poland (Oberschlesien)
Mathilde Agnes Sophie Winkler
b. June 22, 1834 Zedlitz,
d. September 2, 1916 Konigshutte, Poland
Moritz Otto Oskar Langner and Mathilde Agnes Sophia Winkler were married in Zedlitz, Poland on October 8, 1856. They were the parents of
1) Eugene Otto, 2) Adelheid Natalie Charlotte Christine, 3) Wanda,
4) Helene, 5) Bertha, 6) Arthur.
Great Grand Parents
1) Eugene Otto Langner arrived in America in 1884. He settled in Columbus, Indiana where he taught French and German at Hartsville College. Eugene was fluent in 7 languages. He sent for Minnia Caroline Ebel and upon her arrival they were married August 22, 1885. The ceremony was officiated by Elder F. T. Sweeney at the home of Captain William M. Winkler. Eugene and Minnia had 11 children, of which 4 died very young. They moved to several areas including Deer Park, Ala - Mobile, Ala. and finally settled in Birmingham, Alabama. Minnia died Feb. 26, 1930 with complications.from diabettes. Eugene died September 26, 1933 with complication from gall bladder. They and several of their children are buried in Forrest Hill Cemetery in Birmingham, Alabama.
2) Adelheid Natalie Charlotte Christine Langner born June 13, 1861 and Paul Benno Anton von Gumpert born November 29, 1857, married
October 26, 1886.
Hans Benno Otto b. Feb. 19, 1897, d. Oct. 20, 1943 during WWII
Gunther Paul Arthur b. April 13, 1891 - d. Nov 11, 1949
Paul Benno Anton von Gumpert
Margarete Mathilde Sophie "Grete"
b. Nov 26, 1889 - d. Aug 5, 1965
Elfreide Thekla Eugenie "Friedel"
b. Aug 20, 1888 - d. March 11, 1937
Adelheid Nathalie Charlotte Christine
Else Theodora Anna b. Feb 1, 1897 - d. Aug 2, 1972
After YEARS of research, contact was finally made December 26, 2002 with our German family. This photo of Adelheid and Paul von Gumpert with their children, are courtesy of their grandson Erich von Gumpert and his daughter Gabriele. Because of Gabriele and her dad, Erich, we now know the family ancestry back to the early 1700's. Thanks is just not enough for this family treasure!!!!!
Plans are being made to visit Gabriele and her family. Many Bussi from your American cousins.
3) Wanda Langner b. 1859 - d. 1932, married Theodor Mette. They only had two boys, both were killed during WWI.
Could this be their family picture??? Time frame of this picture and the ages of the two boys would be about right. If anyone could help out with this unidentified picture, please contact us. Your help will be greatly appreciated. (Note of back of picture "Uncle and his family").
WE NEED HELP WITH THIS UNIDENTIFIED PHOTO!!!!
Looking for information on the remaining childlren of Moritz & Mathilde Langner. If anyone can supply any information please do not hesitate to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
4) Helene Langner born 1863 died 1913 - never married
5) Bertha Langner born 1863 died 1864 - died as an infant
6) Arthur Langner born 1869 died 1956 - married Toni Przybylla.
Only picture we have of Theodor Mette
Minnia & Eugene Langner's Children
Our Guardian Angels
Marie Mathilda Ottidie 05/29/1886 - 06/03/1886
Frank Ernest Edwin 01/06/1897 - 07/16/1898
Horace Eugene 09/08/1895 - 01/07/1896
Emilie 10/16/1902 - 10/16/1905
Bertha" Clara Wanda
Langner Hempstead Rowell
That's Right She was "103"
Arnold" Charles Frank Langner
Paul" Arthur Langner
Muriel Louise Wilson
"Emma" Adelheid Langner LeGear
Not yet pictured:
William Otto Richard Langner 04/14/1887 - 08/30/1975
Theodore Fredrick David Langner 08/26/1888 - 09/24/1963
Eugene Ernest Langner 04/09/1905 - 03/16/1999
Eugene Otto Langner
b. 09/19/1857 - Pless Germany
d. 09/26/1933 - Birmingham, Al.
Minnia Caroline Ebel
b. 11/29/1858 Breslau, Poland
d. 02/25/1930 - Birmingham, Al.
Will be adding pictures below that we need help in identifying. These are throught to be members of the